State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra
First Year Post Graduate Technical Courses in Management Admissions 2017-18

Q. In candidate application form are bank details to be entered compulsarily?
Ans : No, it is not compulsory.
Q. If the candidate does not have cheque book , what is other option
Ans : Scanned copy of first page of passbook having account no. & IFSC CODE to be uploaded.
Q. If candidate does not have his/her account , is parents account details allowed?
Ans : Yes,parents account details are allowed.
Q. Is joint account of candidate is allowed?
Ans : Yes,joint account of candidate is allowed.
Q. Which bank account details are required?
Ans : Any bank where candidate is registered.
Q. Entering bank details will affect receiving scholarship?
Ans : Bank details are captured for admission process only. For scholarship if bank details required will be asked again.
Q. What can be done in case of MAJOR name change in application/documents?
Ans : "Major name change: •in case entire name (first/last/middle) is changed gazette will be required. •in case of name difference on documents because of marriage gazette will be required. •in no other case affidavit will be accepted"
Q. What can be done in case of MINOR name change in application/documents?
Ans : "Minor name change: •name should be valid as per one of original documents viz domicile certificate/Indian passport/SSC/HSC marksheet •in case of prefix/suffix added shall be allowed •in case of numerology cases, change in vowels in a name shall be allowed."
Q. Is there any validity for nationality/domicile/caste certificates?
Ans : These documents are issued only once by the government (as of now). Hence these are authentic documents and do not need any validity.
Q. What are the alternate documents if candidate does not have original marksheet at the time of FC verification?
Ans : "Alternative documents for marksheets: •attested copy of the certificate by the principle •online marksheet to be verified with the candidate at the FC"
Q. Is domicile certificate compulsory?
Ans : "•School leaving/birth certificate showing place of birth can be considered in place of domicile (if not available)only for TYPE A candidature. •In case of all other candidature types, original domicile certificate is compulsory. •n case of candidates claiming minority, domicile certificate of Maharashtra will be compulsory. "
Q. Which documents can be considered for Indian nationality?
Ans : passport,birth/school leaving/college leaving,Transfer certificate mentioning nationality as Indian OR birth place in India
Q. Caste certificate of which state will be accepted?
Ans : Only Maharashtra state caste certificate is accepted. No other state's caste certificate will be accepted for admissions in Maharashtra.
Q. Where can candidate pay the category conversion fee?
Ans : Category conversion fee can be paid online from candidate's login or while document verification at FC through online mode only. FC should NOT collect any additional fees while registration/document verification from the candidate.
Q. What is the conversion formula for grade to percentage?
Ans : Candidate should contact the respective university for conversion formula of grade to marks.
Q. Will Aadhar card be accepted for Indian Nationality?
Ans : NO,aadhar card will not accepted for nationality.
Q. Some of the students are finding it difficult to get non -creamy layer certificate. Is there any alternate solution for the same?
Ans : There is no alternative document for non -creamy layer certificate.
Q. Should proforma be taken on 100 Rs bond with notary?
Ans : "•Proforma- H should be produced on Non judicial stampaper. •All other proforma , if needed must be produced on plain paper."
Q. Is there any alternate for caste certificate?
Ans : "•Original caste certificate and caste validity certificate is compulsory otherwise they will be considered in open category. •In case caste validity is not ready proforma H can be provided."
Q. Which marks to consider when 10th mark sheet only having the marks of best five subjects out of six subjects. which marks we have to enter, marks of six subjects or five subjects
Ans : Consider best of five subject marks.
Maharashtra, Minority and All India Candidates - CAP Option Form / Reporting